Drake GS:G2 (Grinding System: Rough & Finish) rough and finish grind gears in one operation. The GS:G2 will grind precut gears from Mod 0.5 to 8 (50 to 3 DP), from 1.0” to 10” pitch diameter to AGMA 12 specification. This 2-in-1 highly productive grinder is based on a proven design with added HP and the latest Drake grinding technologies.
±45º Wheel Helix
The GS:G2 is equipped with a +/- 45º wheel helix.
The GS:G2 is equipped with an easy menu-driven control with Drake’s Gear Smart™ programming, allowing part changeovers in 15 minutes or less.
See typical menu entries below.
SmartForm™ CNC Contour Diamond Roll Dresser
115mm diameter diamond rolls for wheel profiling and conditioning.
Dressing software allows involute profile modifications for prototype or custom gear teeth.
High value – minimum capital outlay
Now you can source near net-shaped gears from low cost suppliers and still control the final product quality.
World class accuracy
Direct drive synchronous torque motor C-axis positioning provides tooth-to-tooth index resolution to within 0.2 arc seconds.
Other GS:G2 benefits
- CNC contour diamond roll dressing
- Constant surface speed as the wheel wears
- Infinitely variable wheel and work speeds selectable for roughing and finishing
- CNC controlled helix and work rotation.
- Worm grinding option available.
- Other machine capacities available, please contact us.