GS:G2-LM Linear Motor 4-Axis Profile Gear Grinder.
A multi-role grinder that can switch gears as fast as you!
The Drake GS:G2-LM is a perfect blend of precision, power and price. It’s equally at home in job shops, manufacturing cells, high volume grinding – even prototype work. If you’ve wanted to move to precision ground gears but balked at the cost–the G2 is the machine for you.
High value – minimal capital outlay
Now you can source near net-shaped or hobbed gears from low-cost suppliers and still control the final product quality. You can supply a quieter, more precise product and remain globally competitive.
Special tooth forms
With on-machine contour wheel dressing, grind modified forms on pre-cut gears without investing in special hobs.
No need to carry expensive special hobbing tool inventory or wait for plated wheels with special forms.
- Quick changeovers – new parts running in 15 min. or less.
- GearSmartTM programming – operator only needs to enter specific part and process information prompted by menu-driven screens.
- Direct drive synchronous torque motor C-axis positioning with 8-million count encoder provides feedback resolution of 0.2 arc seconds.
- Constant surface speed as the wheels wear.
- SmartFormTMCNC diamond roll dressing – for wheel profiling and conditioning. Dressing software allows involute profile modifications for prototype or custom gear teeth.
- SmartSpindleTM acoustical emissions monitoring allows fully automated gear tooth location and stock division to equalize grind stock.
- Linear axis positioning with 0.05µm resolution linear scale feedback for world-class accuracy.