Grinding System: Thread External
The best of Drake grinding technologies in one advanced grinder! What happens when you combine intelligent machine tool design with a scientific approach to grinding? A machine so advanced, so versatile, so simple to use – you can employ machine operators rather than skilled machinists – and still ship good parts out the door from day one!
With the GS:TE, Drake offers you a high value-added grinding machine to remain globally competitive for years to come.
The GS:TE lets you …
- Grind using the latest superabrasives with confidence.
- Use acoustic emissions monitoring to optimize the dress and grind process.
- Automatically correct wheel forms for helical path interference or for off helix internal grinding.
- Employ machine operators instead of journeymen machinists.
- Offer your customers high value added grinding services to remain globally competitive.
Drake PartSmart™ menu-driven software speeds set-up and assures accuracy.
Drake’s menu-driven thread and gear grinding software is comprehensive and gives you the flexibility to contour, plunge form, or crush dress single and multiple rib grinding wheels.
Your Drake GS:TE is customized for your specific manufacturing environment and your parts. To set up for a given part, just enter the work piece parameters and the menu-driven programs take it from there. Your operator is guided through the grind and dress process by our simple-to-understand menu screens. Since the program is designed for your exact parts, such factors as truing forms, grind paths and spindle and work are easily entered, giving you complete control over the process without programming.
The total system is qualified at our plant on your parts. Then it’s proved out for you and prepped for start-up. And you can count on Drake’s System Engineers for support and assistance as your needs change and the technology advances.
Advanced Design & Grinding Technologies:
- Linear motors on linear roller ways for maximum acceleration and contouring capability with fewer mechanical parts for low maintenance operation
- 0.05-micron scale feedback for world class accuracy now and after years of multi-shift operation
- Drake Smart Form™ technology that automatically generates corrected wheel forms for helical path interference and off helix grinding
- Full 180° Power Helix
- Mineral filled cast polymer base with excellent thermal stability and vibration damping
- High static and dynamic stiffness to aggressively grind with the latest super abrasives
- State of the art Fanuc CNC system for reliability
- A lean, clean, ergonomic design and compact footprint for operation in a cell environment